Rinkor Technology is looking for a experienced senior security systems technician to join our team. This person will possess a deep knowledge of access control and surveillance camera systems from at least 3-5 years of on the job experience. Our hope is that a qualified candidate will be ready to join a fast growing and positive team and make a difference through their contribution and efforts right away.
The Senior Installation/Service Technician will install, test, troubleshoot and repair all aspects of our security systems including access control, cameras, doors and other technical items at customer sites. The Senior Service Technician interacts directly with the client, client representatives, other contractors and other Rinkor Technology personnel to ensure a successful installation and service solutions.
The Senior Service Technician will ensure that installations and service calls are completed accurately, in a timely fashion and that these services meet or exceed client expectations.
- Install, service and repair Rinkor Technology access control, cameras, security components and DVR Systems.
- Interface with customers to ensure their complete confidence in the Rinkor Technology.
- Verify completed work is documented accurately and communicated to Rinkor Technologies Project Manager or Supervisor.
- Maintain company‑owned vehicles, tools, and equipment.
- Maintain and protect building keys and cards to customer buildings.
- Three years of experience in the technical industry. EX: electrical or mechanical, alarm, access control, IP Video/Networking or Audio/Video fields.
- Work history must display stability and consistent attendance.
- Demonstrated ability to accept responsibility and carry out assigned tasks with limited supervision.
- Basic knowledge of building codes pertaining to construction, fire and electrical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams, installation plans and schematics.
Skills and Abilities:
- Basic Networking, Computers, Alarm systems, Access Controls and CCTV.
- Technology aptitude in basic electronics operation, networking technology and AC/DC theory a plus.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to use power tools and metering devices.
- Proficient with MS Windows 7, MS Word & MS Excel
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, and carry tools and equipment not to exceed seventy‑five pounds.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Ability to write and maintain accurate and concise daily records.
- Ability to interface and communicate with customers and co‑workers in a clear and professional manner.
- Self-motivated and excellent attention to detail.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and eligible to work in the US.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this role, the employee may be required to:
- talk and hear face-to-face and while using telecommunication devices
- sit for long periods of time
- use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- manipulate standard keyboard, mouse and office equipment
- stand, walk, and reach; lift and carry with arms and hands
- use close vision and be able to adjust visual focus
- The employee must be physically and mentally capable of functioning effectively for extended periods of time and consistently produce organized thoughts and execute sound judgment in environments with:
- moderate to high levels of stress
- competing demands and dynamic response required
- Open floor plans with ambient noise and activity consistent with office or call center work
- Ongoing construction
- Travel by automobile, plane and other modes of public transportation may be required to perform work or receive trainings.
Must be able to:
- Lift and carry up to 75 pounds
- work unsupervised
- work closely with others/ as part of a team
- work under close supervision
- work in enclosed spaces
- use color vision to distinguish colored wires, signals, other lighting devices,
- use and manipulate hand tools, small power tools, communication and diagnostic devices
- The following work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the employee will encounter while performing the duties of his/her job;
- the employee is subject to prevailing weather conditions at the time,
- the noise level in the office environment is usually quiet to moderate
- The employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, tools and vehicles
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Productive, healthy work environment in a fast growing company
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits available
- 401k, IRA Wealth benefits available
- Sick Day & Vacation Pay
- Competitive Wages
- Twice a year employee review and opportunity for growth
Job Type: Full-time
- Security Systems: 3-5 years
- Networking: 2-3 years
- Security Cameras: 3-4 years
- Access Control Systems: 3-4 years
- Wire Pulling: 3 years
Required license or certification:
- Reply to this posting
- Include your projected availability and current workplace
- Please include your resume with work history, skills and work references.
* This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of this role and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties, knowledge, skills, abilities or working conditions associated with the role.